It’s Time for our Clocks and Loops to
Daylight savings time begins
- March 14, 2021 (US)
- March 28, 2021 (Europe) …
Here is a Quick Tip on how to keep Looping when you Spring Ahead!
On the morning of your time zone change,
- Go into Settings / Pump / Scroll down until you find “Change Time Zone”
- Tap “Change Time Zone” to synch your pump to your iPhone
For most people, this hour difference in basal rates won’t make much difference; but others have drastically different rates at certain times and that hour difference can be important.
Special Note for FreeAPS Users
Time Zone Bug
- If you make changes to your Insulin Sensitivities while your pump and iPhone time zones are out of synch, FreeAPS will crash and you will not be able to open it again
- For the latest version FreeAPS (v176, March 21, 2021) – this happens if you have the Required Carbs badge enabled
- For older versions of FreeAPS this always happens unless you installed the patch to remove Required Carbs badge completely
- This can happen if the time is changed for any reason, including routine travel
- If your app crashed before you read this Quick Tip, you can recover without needing to rebuild