What’s in Your Apple Health Medical ID?
When was the last time that you opened Apple Health to review your Medical ID? If you’re not sure what your Medical ID is, then it may be time for an Apple Health check-up.
- Open your iPhone’s Apple Health app and tap on your profile photo in the top-right corner, then click on Medical ID and then Edit.
- Add-in your Medical Conditions
- Add-in your Medical Notes, including details about your CGM, Pump, and Insulin. Here’s what one of our savvy members has in their Medical Notes
- Utilizing an artificial pancreas system. PHONE IS A MEDICAL DEVICE- MUST BE KEPT NEAR MY BODY AT ALL TIMES
- Radiolink (approx 2″ square device, which is [white or orange]) and is located in my [pocket] is integral to my artificial pancreas system. MUST BE KEPT NEAR MY BODY AT ALL TIMES
- On insulin pump (Omnipod)- humalog insulin
- Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
- Add-in your Allergies & Medications, Medications, etc.
- Scroll down to the Emergency Access section and enable Share During Emergency Call.
- If you’d like paramedics to see your Medical ID from your iPhone lock screen, also enable Show When Locked.