It’s Time to
Daylight savings time begins
- March 13, 2022(US)
- March 27, 2022 (Europe)
Here is a Quick Tip on how to keep Looping when you Spring Ahead!
On the morning of your time zone change,
- Go into Settings / Pump / Scroll down until you find “Change Time Zone”
- Tap “Change Time Zone” to synch your pump to your iPhone
For most people, this hour difference in basal rates won’t make much difference; but others have drastically different rates at certain times and that hour difference can be important.
Special Note for FreeAPS Users
BEFORE the morning of your time zone change,
You need to rebuild FreeAPS using the Build Select Script because as of March 4, 2022, the Time Zone Bug has been cured, but it requires a rebuild using the updated FreeAPS code.
If you don’t update to the latest FreeAPS code before the time zone change, and…
- If you make changes to your Insulin Sensitivities while your pump and iPhone time zones are out of synch, FreeAPS will crash and you will not be able to open it again
- For the latest versions of FreeAPS (if you’ve built since March 21, 2021) – this happens if you have the Required Carbs badge enabled
- For older versions of FreeAPS this always happens unless you installed the patch to remove the Required Carbs badge completely
- This can happen if the time is changed for any reason, including routine travel
- If your app crashed before you read this Quick Tip, you can recover without needing to rebuild